Managing Director & CEO
Master of Commerce(Management) University of Dhaka, MBA (Major in Finance).
Diplomaed Associate of the Institute of Bankers , Bangladesh(DAIBB)
Date of Appointment and Assumption as of the Managing Director and CEO of Rupali Bank Limited on
28 August 2022.
Chairman of Senior Management Team (SMT) and Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) of the Bank.
Mohammad Jahangir joined Rupali Bank Ltd as the Managing Director and CEO on 28 August 2022. Before his elevation to his Current Position, he served Rupali Bank Limited as its Deputy Managing Director (DMD) from 04 October 2020 till 25 August 2022.
Mr. Jahangir has an illustrious Banking Career. He started his Banking career as an officer in 1990 in the bank. He is a home-grown Managing Director and CEO of the Bank. By the strength of his dedication to his profession, sharp vision, unquestionable integrity, amiable disposition and good leadership qualities, Mr. Jahangir rose steadily through the echelon of the management hierarchy to the position of Managing Director and CEO of the Rupali Bank Limited.
In his long career spanning over 32 years, Mr. Jahangir worked successfully in a wide range of executive roles which include, but are not limited to, the following-
- Head of Branch
- Zonal Head
- Divisional Head
- Head of Human Resources Division at Head office
- Contributed significantly to the bank's ICT Platform while working in that division.
- Developed a number of most workable application programs.
- Chief Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Officer (CAMLCO).
- Chairman of Management Credit Committee (MCC)
- Chairman of Management Advisory Committee (MAC)
- Chairman of Loan Review and Monitoring Committee (LRMC)
- Chairman of Disciplinary Cases Action Committee (DCAC)
- Chairman of Interest Remission Committee (IRC)
- Director of Rupali Bank Securities Limited
- Director of Bangladesh Data Recovery Center
His field expertise in Banking Service was mainly in General Banking, Industrial Credit, Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade, Micro-Credit, Business Development, Human Resources (HR) Planning & Forecasting, Marketing etc.
Mr. Jahangir won laurels and recognitions for his extraordinary performance in whatever capacity and location he worked.
Mr. Jahangir attended many training programs and seminars at home and abroad.
Mr. Jahangir was born on 01 January 1965 in a respectable Muslim family in Kabirhat, Noakhali. He is married to Farida Yasmin and is blessed with two sons. He is engaged in philanthropic and cultural activities.